When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you think / how would you respond if a seller sent you this bike? Or... a cautionary tale of buyer beware (pics)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am already saying FRAUD!!!!!
I, on behalf of all fellow CABE members sincerely apologize that one of out fellow members did this to you. Unfortunately that is all I can do, but I feel it only right to offer my condolences for your lost time and about $2000 you lost in the end.
Yes, that rim sure looked nice in the photo, as does the paint. The dent is visible as you said but the rest of the bike looks decent for its age.
Glad you got one you like.
Rob

Lots of red flags...

21768037_153829875206258_6231386702277605346_n.jpg

I am sorry to hear that.. I hope it did not happen here.
The swelling was probably from water inside the frame that froze and thawed. The freezing damage can be like what happens to water pipes in a freezing situation.
Did the bike come from somewhere that has cold winters?
It did happen here, and it did come from a place where it could freeze. I was wondering what would cause such wierd damage.

I wasn't expecting a pristine bike, but like others, woukd like to have concern areas noted.

It would seem to me that for the seller to have been more honest, the bicycle should have been advertised something along the lines of "older amateur repaint" as opposed to "older restoration". Because, from what I have seen, there was no restoration done, it was simply repainted, and poorly at that for the most part. Had the seller provided clearer photographs, it would have been more noticeable to potential buyers that the bike is probably moreso a $400-$500 project than a $1000 restored machine.

Such a shame. Supposed to be a fun hobby. Buying anything long distance is always a risk. Seller should do their best to disclose any obvious defects that the buyer would notice if he was actually standing there. red flags everywhere indeed. Honest people will always send more pictures without hassle. They would want you to be happy riding their ‘collection’ bike. Such a long, long time to be gone and a short time to be here. Treat people fair teach your kids to treat people fair.

B94D4747-DA24-4601-B5AB-A543620BCB03.jpeg

Such a shame. Supposed to be a fun hobby. Buying anything long distance is always a risk. Seller should do their best to disclose any obvious defects that the buyer would notice if he was actually standing there. red flags everywhere indeed. Honest people will always send more pictures without hassle. They would want you to be happy riding their ‘collection’ bike. Such a long, long time to be gone and a short time to be here. Treat people fair teach your kids to treat people fair.

View attachment 1573222
This looks like the item being talked about in this thread. Is it?

View attachment 1573222
Wow, it really looked pretty good in that picture. Definitely closer pictures to show the detail or pinstripes would have been a must. Honestly, my advice to whoever has it now at this point, would be to re-do the rims, and the fork stripes, patch the seat and straighten the cranks, whitewalls, and then they might have a pretty decent rider there.

This hobby like most hobbies have 2 kinds of people, the ones in it for the money and the ones in it for the passion. Kinda reminds me of deer hunting. People don't hunt where there aren't any deer, they only go where they have a chance of getting an easy one and sometimes not even a NO TRESSPASSING Sign dosen't stop them from hunting there. Kicking them off the Cabe won't stop them they'll just hunt somewhere else. Once we can learn how to separate the money guys from the passion guys it will be happy hunting for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back