When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year? And model

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

s1b

Finally riding a big boys bike
I’m no Schwinn expert. Especially balloon tire bikes. Have a friend who is looking to sell this. It was his fathers. He isn’t a bike person and I’m not a balloon tire person( I like earlier stuff and lightweights).
So the questions are what year, model and ballpark value?
F0937E54-8564-43CE-8290-613A531B7B82.jpeg

ABDF20B8-E22B-47C3-9E90-784ABCEE4D3C.jpeg

443F91A3-27B5-4BB2-BEFE-94D3727FE6CE.jpeg

That a handsome fella you have there! But ill let the other men tack it down for you as i am often wrong. But it’s real nice!
If i had to guess id say late 40’s early 50’s! Money wise??? Have it appraised! I guessing a big stack o cash!

Frame looks prewar like '37-41, yet fenders might be earlier with '36 flat braces (maybe, can't tell for sure on braces), could be later '40-41 snap tank (need better and crisper pictures to confirm) it could just as easily be a post war tank, early '36 style chainguard but even both of those those could have been switched out, could even be later 30's shallow C model or BC fenders, rack mounts I'm unable to see yet it looks postwar with some made up mount to drop stand tabs, so could be a mishmash of parts. Has a fairly correct longspring Messinger seat. This is a good candidiate to dig into further, much of the right stuff for a Schwinn collector.

Back