When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year Continental?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
C67D538C-EC3D-413E-AFCB-EC7B9832DBDE.jpeg
4E1336BD-A55F-4482-ABA4-87DD36AEDC88.jpeg
9BCAEA64-79DD-4D1C-A31B-EAD38E07C269.jpeg
FDC67A19-515C-4BA3-8B64-6340854D36A6.jpeg
A friend just picked this up, thinking early Postwar but not sure.
@SirMike1983 @Schwinn499 @Eric Amlie

Last edited:
I've only seen numbers like that on the Town & Country Tandems. T002081 was probably a 1949 stamping, for a T&C. Possible tandem SN stamping on the wrong BB shell?

Interesting about the T serial, never thought of that. Also noticed the front fender is missing its brace (orig?) and is a peaked front fender which I beleve started in 49?? The 46 47s had a pointed front fender.

That’s domething about the serial, I was unaware about that. Not sure about the brace either. Thanks for the input guys. Decent bike though?

Schwinn stamped the SN's on the bikes component before the frame build so this could very well be a mis-stamping when they started or stopped the stamping for a batch of tandems. Not sure if the rear tandem BB would be the same on a Continental but it's possible. If I remember right, the highest number on the last early 60's T&C's was in the 3 thousand range.

Here's a catalog image of the 1948 model. Opal Violet was not an option for 48 but Opal Blue, Green and Red were. And no ridge on the front fender.

1948_schwinn_cnm.jpg

Last edited:
Back