When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year is my color flow ?????????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OZ1972

I live for the CABE
Could anyone please tell me what year is my color flow ?, thanks a million !!!!

1589759234550-676051278.jpg

That's a list for Western Auto bicycles. The R is relevant. You can't use a Western Auto list for a complete decoding but the year designator is the same for all Murray built bikes. Your bike is a 52. Just like the one in a similar thread.

@OZ1972
My June 8th post quoted above may have been taken out of context for a 1953 Western Auto Western Flyer X-53 bicycle example; i.e., not Sears (S).
For a 1953 Sears bike built by Murray the serial number might be prefixed by a “MOS-S”.
Your “MOS-R” reflects one letter and one year prior, 1952.
“MOS” was not for “Murray Ohio Supply” but rather for “Murray Ohio—(for)—Sears”.
It gets even more interesting when Murray moved to Tennessee in 1956, when they used “MOTS-V” for 1956 “Murray Ohio—Tennessee—(for)—Sears” or perhaps “Murray Of Tennessee—(for)—Sears”.
The “MOD-502” part of the model number reflects Sears’ prefix for Murray as the manufacturer, which might have been helpful for supporting customers inquiring about replacement parts.
Your bike looks green.
Not sure about the 287 model number, but Murray did use odd numbers for girls bikes and even numbers for boys bikes.

Last edited:
@OZ1972
My June 8th post quoted above may have been taken out of context of a 1953 Western Auto Western Flyer X-53 bicycle example; (i.e., not Sears (S)).
For a 1953 Sears bike the serial number might be prefixed by a “MOS-S”.
Your “MOS-R” reflects one letter and one year prior, 1952.
“MOS” was not for “Murray Ohio Supply” but rather for “Murray Ohio—Sears”.
It gets even more interesting when Murray moved to Tennessee in 1956, when they used “MOTS-V” for 1956 “Murray Ohio—Tennessee—Sears” or perhaps “Murray Of Tennessee—Sears”.
Your bike looks green.
Yep its green & thanks so much for all your help it's greatly appreciated !!!!

That's a list for Western Auto bicycles. The R is relevant. You can't use a Western Auto list for a complete decoding but the year designator is the same for all Murray built bikes. Your bike is a 52. Just like the one in a similar thread.
Thank you very much for your help it's greatly appreciated !!!!

Back