When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what year is my Elgin frame?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

s1b

Finally riding a big boys bike
Trying to find out what year my Elgin frame is. The number is F49529. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are a couple pics
sUT4e-1.jpg

9BHth-1.jpg

I believe your bike is a 1928 Westfield built bike, specifically Model F-9…….Motobike. 1928 also used "F" serial numbers and the third number "9" denotes the model #. These came both with & without tanks dependent on model, Model F-9T would have had a tank (equipped).

Frame is very similar to my 1927 Westfield built Stutz motor-bike seen below. The cross bar on your bike is spread a little further than mine but I have seen a 1930 model Westfield motor-bike that is the same spread as yours looking at the seat post.

IMG_0938-1.jpg

The one thing that's throwing me off on this bike is the chain ring. It is similar to those used on Elgin's but is not the exact same as any reference pics I have on late 20's/early 30's Elgins. Are you sure it's an Elgin? Here's a 1930 Elgin I pulled off an old thread with the same cross bar spread as yours I referenced earlier:

mann 001.jpg

The chain ring was just put on there I believe. My 1918 Adlake had the same ring. There was a Elgin headbadge on it, BUT I just got the frame in a later deal.

Back