When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year is my Hawthorne?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

CodyLee3282

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello everybody, looking to see what year or range of years my bike was produced. The serial number is nowhere to be found. I looked at the bottom of the bike where its supposed to be so idk if it's painted over or what. I cannot find any pictures of anything like mine. I don't know if it's missing pieces and thats why I cannot find what I'm looking for. I would also like to see if anybody knows what parts are not correct on it. I would like to restore it to its original parts. My great grandpa gave me this bike before he passed away. Also, does anybody know if this paint (looks tan) is a repaint? I love the rust/patina look but don't know if I should try to remove that paint. Thank you for any info that anybody can provide, I appreciate it all!
IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1924.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

Is this where my serial number is supposed to be? Also do you think this tan color is the original paint? I was thinking it was a repaint, but I don't see any other colors before getting to the bare metal, not in this are at least.
IMG_1930.JPG

The most common places for a serial number is under the crank, on the left rear dropout above the axle nut, a few exceptions are on the right side and on the head tube in the 70's. To my eyes, the paint looks original.

Back