When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year is my hiawatha

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Picture would be best here's a picture in an old Macleods Catalogue .
Where you live this is where it might have come from.
It cost $10.00 more than the Canadian Hiawatha models .
I like Steve Sipco's review of the bike in the add population of Bigger Saskatchewan at that time was probably 200
The sign at the edge of town says New York is big but Bigger is Bigger.

I have one similar to this but chain guard is not the same and it has a New Departure Coaster brake instead of the Perry seat is also different.
Mine is a 1947.

IMG_1882.jpeg

The serial does look like a Huffman serial number and likely '48 or '58 but my psychic abilities are failing me today. Like the others said post a pic and we can help. V/r Shawn

The girls bike is ‘48 and Huffman built. The other bike I can’t really tell. It’s best to take pics from the chain ring side of the bike. The only way I’d spend money on either bike is if you want to keep and ride them. The reason I say that is because a decent set of tubes and tires will cost more than either bike is worth. They would make good projects to learn on as far as servicing hubs and bearings though. V/r Shawn

The drop bar frame looks like it has a CCM chain ring sprocket. With the lug frame and other details, it does appear more foreign (to me) than old; (one piece crank?). There may be a CCM following up North (of here), but that bike too looks like your basic rider project, yet nicer (and shorter) than a plain diamond frame.
The original red paint may have seen some harsh Winters, (not to mention snow-filled Canadian Autumns and Springs, eh).
Looks like the head tube may have sported one of those "skeletonized" CCM head badges.

I was traveling through Calgary a few years back, in the middle of May, and it snowed!
Welcome to the CABE!

Last edited:
Back