What year is my Roadmaster Luxury Liner?

Discussion in 'Classic Balloon Tire Bicycles 1933-1965' started by Lucid Bikes, Dec 6, 2017.

1. #21 Posted Dec 7, 2017

'Lil Knee Scuffer

@Roadkill thank you so much! I really have very limited knowledge on classic bikes and i'm happy you think I started/entered with a solid choice for a classic bike! I can't wait to get it cleaned up and on the road! You're totally right about the site and the people! So helpful and such a wealth of information! Please feel free to private message me some pictures of your favorite classics so that I can start seeing and learning more! I definitely want to start broadening my knowledge!

2. #22 Posted Dec 7, 2017

'Lil Knee Scuffer

@chevbel57 Thanks for sharing those pictures! Your bike looks to be in such great condition! How does it ride? And do you mind if I ask you how tall you are? I'm 6'2 and i'm hoping this will be a comfortable ride for me. Thanks!

3. #23 Posted Dec 7, 2017

Look Ma, No Hands!

I am 5’11 and have no problem with riding the bike. It’s a pretty smooth rider.

4. #24 Posted Dec 7, 2017

I live for the CABE

Welcome to the CABE. Nice bike, but I would like to offer a bit of advice. You stated you bought the bike, then in a later post, you were asking for things to look out for when you pick it up so you don't get messed around. This would be a question to ask BEFORE you buy a bike, not after.

5. #25 Posted Dec 7, 2017

'Lil Knee Scuffer

@chevbel57 That's great to hear! Sounds like my height should be an issue. I' happy to hear its a smooth rider as well!

6. #26 Posted Dec 7, 2017

'Lil Knee Scuffer

@Jay81 thanks for the welcome! Super excited to join the CABE! Thank you so much for the advice! I totally agree with you. So I bought the bike through eBay and have to pick it up in person. The seller did agree to refund me if I wasnt completely satisfied with the bike which is why I purchased it already. This is why I asked for any advice on what I should look for in person to know whether or not I should get a refund if major parts are missing.

7. #27 Posted Dec 7, 2017

I live for the CABE

49D279E5-4331-4C73-B8A0-21ACF4F40F7C.png This is mine, it’s in pieces at this time. Slowly getting put back together, I had the seat redone by @rustjunkie, he did a gorgeous job on it.

8. #28 Posted Dec 7, 2017

'Lil Knee Scuffer

@BLWNMNY wow! Your bike looks amazing! Thank you so much for Sharing that picture and for recmmendations on who can clean up a older seat really well! Do you enjoy riding it?

9. #29 Posted Dec 8, 2017

I live for the CABE

Still in pieces getting a cleanup, way too many projects.

10. #30 Posted Dec 8, 2017

I live for the CABE

@Lucid Bikes,Yours missing the rear battery tray like most?

11. #31 Posted Dec 8, 2017

'Lil Knee Scuffer

@BLWNMNY Sorry for the late reply! I will be picking the bike up this weekend and will keep my eye out for the rest battery tray!