When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHAT YEAR IS MY SCHWINN LIL TIGER

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

benshl1994

On Training Wheels
Thanks for looking. I bought this bike a last year at an antique store. I believe I payed 100 bucks for it. Can anyone tell me the year by the serial number and if I did well on it. Serial number 792862. Thanks in advance!

5D25B8A5-F8E5-4652-8409-60103ED4986A.jpeg

720F260C-4B04-4614-857F-38153002B71D.jpeg

5E8A1E47-A180-49E9-B360-154BC610847B.jpeg

C05C7969-ACEE-446D-8D28-AC319E039D26.jpeg

A06FD38B-6C13-4777-BB52-A925C6F3B3B8.jpeg

D0878F5C-249E-4DE4-92ED-80301ED9ECFF.jpeg

Your serial tells you nothing but the badge does if it's original to the bike. The build day on the badge is the 313th day of 1979. The crank should also have a casting date on it.

1589154501853.png

The serial # on your lil tiger will be of no help in determining the year of your bike. However, the Schwinn head badge is date coded to the 313th day of 1979, making it sometime in Nov. of 79. If you feel the need to put fresh grease in the bottom bracket the year date will be on the crank, and on earlier lil tigers and pixies it's the only way of dating these little classics. Values are very subjective, but in my opinion you paid a decent price for this bike, it could possibly be worth slightly more. The chrome is nice and should clean up good. You can try to find a good set of training wheels and the convertible bar that makes it a boy's bike. It's also missing the long "tombstone" reflector from the rear fender.

The serial # on your lil tiger will be of no help in determining the year of your bike. However, the Schwinn head badge is date coded to the 313th day of 1979, making it sometime in Nov. of 79. If you feel the need to put fresh grease in the bottom bracket the year date will be on the crank, and on earlier lil tigers and pixies it's the only way of dating these little classics. Values are very subjective, but in my opinion you paid a decent price for this bike, it could possibly be worth slightly more. The chrome is nice and should clean up good. You can try to find a good set of training wheels and the convertible bar that makes it a boy's bike. It's also missing the long "tombstone" reflector from the rear fender.
If my head badge is stamped 1121 is that for 1981 or 1971? Also on a blue Lil Tiger... my parents thought it was from 1986, but your comment makes me question that!

If my head badge is stamped 1121 is that for 1981 or 1971? Also on a blue Lil Tiger... my parents thought it was from 1986, but your comment makes me question that!

It has to be an 81, since the head badge stamping started in 76.

Post a pic of the complete bike to confirm.

Your serial tells you nothing but the badge does if it's original to the bike. The build day on the badge is the 313th day of 1979. The crank should also have a casting date on it.

Normally the serial number tells you the month and year the frame was built, and the head badge code tells you the exact day and year it was assembled as a complete bike at the factory.........! But this serial number is missing the 2 letters that are normally before the numbers that would indicate that.

Last edited:
Normally the serial number tells you the month and year the frame was built, and the head badge code tells you the exact day and year it was assembled as a complete bike at the factory.........! But this serial number is missing the 2 letters that are normally before the numbers that would indicate that.
81 would correspond with my serial number. I wonder if these ones changed the format without letters? I posted the photos, and they’re awaiting admin approval.

Thank you so much for your help!

81 would correspond with my serial number. I wonder if these ones changed the format without letters? I posted the photos, and they’re awaiting admin approval.

Thank you so much for your help!

I guess the serial numbers on these bikes do have a date code? Since the other bikes serial number starts with a 79 and a corresponding head badge date code, and yours starts with an 81 with an 81 head badge, I would assume that they are all coded the same way?

Back