When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Year Is My Sears Spaceliner ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1969nam

Finally riding a big boys bike
Painted Sears Spaceliner, bike is in extremely nice condition. Purchased from 2nd owner a month ago from Pa., who had the bike for 20 years, after he picked it from an estate sale. Original Sears Crusader tires with original inner tubes, MO Mfg. stamped on both rims. Excel MARK IV rear coaster hub, front hub is MARK 80. I have replaced the dry rotted original tires with NOS Sears Allstate 26 x 1.75 tires. I found a reproduction lens for the frontlight housing. Plus I replaced the missing rear fender round reflector. Serial # on rear drop out is 46303 32660. Thank's to the CABE Community in advance for help in identifying the year for my bike.
Searsspaceliner2.jpg
Searsspaceliner1.jpg
Searsspaceliner4.jpg
Searsspaceliner6.jpg
Searsspaceliner.jpg

Searsspaceliner3.jpg

Did you check the "Ultimate Spaceliner" section at the top of this thread?

Mike

Mike,
Yes, I did check the Spaceliner section. My painted Spaceliner # 46303 Men's 1- speed, 1 round rear fender reflector shows years 1964-65. I am wondering if the last part of the serial number 32660 would indicate whether the year is 64 or 65. Thank you for your interest.

Hard to date the painted version 64 or 65, because the deluxe models had telltale subtle differences that help determine year, whereas the painted versions did not. Not the answer you wanted, i know. If you saved the original tires, you can date code them and that alone may help you determine 64 or 65. My 64 Deluxe still wears it's original tires, a matched pair of Allstate whitewalls that were made in the last quarter of 1963.
12705220_1043084459088167_3273498568536787125_n.jpg

Evans200, my painted Spaceliner has the Sears Crusader white wall tires, which are yellowed and cracked, with hardly any wear on the tread. I will check them out. I replaced those tires with a pair of NOS Sears Allstate white wall tires from a fellow Caber last month. I notice the seat tube decal is different from your bike, which should be a telltale sign of some significant. You have a beautiful bike !
Arch

image.jpeg
Thanks Arch. Here's what you want to find on the Crusader tires. Post a clear pic of the codes and I'll help you decipher the date.

Evans200, my painted Spaceliner has the Sears Crusader white wall tires, which are yellowed and cracked, with hardly any wear on the tread. I will check them out. I replaced those tires with a pair of NOS Sears Allstate white wall tires from a fellow Caber last month. I notice the seat tube decal is different from your bike, which should be a telltale sign of some significant. You have a beautiful bike !
Arch
Very nice original you have there Arch. Hardly ever see them this well preserved. An original seat shouldn't be hard to find if you decide to do so.

Nice Arch.
I believe that pleated seat was offered on some of the Sears Spaceliner.
I know that that seat was also offered on the 60s Huffys too.
I will say, that your present seat will be more comfortable than the non cushioned black with silver belting crashrail normally seen on the chromed models.
Perhaps BrentP's research will help if not, reach out to him for clarification.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Evans2000, I'm with JD on the pleated seat. I have seen some Spaceliners with the pleated black seat. I will check the tires and take a picture.

I'm sure it's possible that they used the pleated seat. I recently learned from others here never to say never, and I'm not a Spaceliner expert by any stretch! I hope your seat is original, cause like JD said, it's a lot more comfortable than the other style.

Back