When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year is this Super Sport

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HerrOtto

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello can someone tell me the year of this Campus Green Super Sport with a serial number of "F9134" ? Thank you

GTs58, thank you for the information. Currently the bike has Simplex derailleurs and Suntour Power down tube shifters. I know the shifters were added but unsure about the derailleurs. I believed the brakes were also changed, to MAFAC "RACER". The jockey wheels on the Simplex rear derailleur need to be replaced, so I was thinking of swapping it out with a used derailleur I have. My question is, which one of these used derailleurs would be close to the original the bike came with and which one is the best out of the bunch? Thank you
Shimano Eagle
Shimano Eagle 2
Shimano Tourney
Shimano Skylark
Shimano RS
Schwinn Approved (made in France)
Schwinn Approved GT510
Suntour GT
Suntour U
Suntour 7GT

GTs58, thank you for the information. Currently the bike has Simplex derailleurs and Suntour Power down tube shifters. I know the shifters were added but unsure about the derailleurs. I believed the brakes were also changed, to MAFAC "RACER". The jockey wheels on the Simplex rear derailleur need to be replaced, so I was thinking of swapping it out with a used derailleur I have. My question is, which one of these used derailleurs would be close to the original the bike came with and which one is the best out of the bunch? Thank you
Shimano Eagle
Shimano Eagle 2
Shimano Tourney
Shimano Skylark
Shimano RS
Schwinn Approved (made in France)
Schwinn Approved GT510
Suntour GT
Suntour U
Suntour 7GT

It seems the SS was still using the Schwinn Approved Huret Allvit on these into the 70's I believe. I have no experience with those derailleurs you listed, only the Allvits and the Shimano Positron II. Looks like your SS was totally rebuilt. Here's a 1970 with the 32 tooth and the Allvit long cage.
613ee33f44620a45c1b04924d805872b-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
My Super Sport requires the Claw style hangar(to the axle) derailleur. I have Huret dropouts.

If you're using the same functioning freewheel cluster, you shouldn't have to buy a long cage. The long cage ones I've seen lately have been pricey. If your frame doesn't have a built in derailleur hanger, the Schwinn Approved derailleur should have its own bolt on hanger..

The current Simplex derailleur is a short cage.
I was just saying the Allvit was still being used into the 70's. The 70 model had a gear change and it used the long cage to accommodate the 32 tooth freewheel.

Back