When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year is this ward Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dennis kreutzer

On Training Wheels
IMG_20180425_183250.jpg
IMG_20180425_183215.jpg
IMG_20180425_183225.jpg

Looks Snyder build. Thinking 35-36. I believe they fazed out straightside rims by 37 or so.

Bike is a 1936 Snyder built for Montgomery Wards/Hawthorne. The telltale sign is the collet for the seat post, it was supposedly only used in 36. The bent fork is newer and not the triple plate used by Snyder at the time.

Bike is a 1936 Snyder built for Montgomery Wards/Hawthorne. The telltale sign is the collet for the seat post, it was supposedly only used in 36. The bent fork is newer and not the triple plate used by Snyder at the time.
I think the integrated fender braces and dropstand ears were a one or two year thing, correct?

I think the integrated fender braces and dropstand ears were a one or two year thing, correct?

Not sure how many years they were used. I have a 35 and 36 Snyder built girls and they both have them. The frames are completely different and the 35 has raingutter fenders and the 36 the crescent fenders. The 36 also uses fender spacers and the 35 doesn't.

Not sure how many years they were used. I have a 35 and 36 Snyder built girls and they both have them. The frames are completely different and the 35 has raingutter fenders and the 36 the crescent fenders. The 36 also uses fender spacers and the 35 doesn't.
Yup. Forgot about the raingutters being used up to about 35. I think you're spot on at 36:cool:

Back