When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what year is this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Boxtubebob

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just picked it up today. Gear Tricycle any idea what year ? Thanks for the information Bob =full]799851[/ATTA
20180502_164244.jpg
20180502_164351.jpg

These shaft driven trikes are pretty rare birds. Other than catalog pages in the book "Riding Toys", I've only seen one other photo of one someone owned. You have a very nice addition to your collection.

Dave

These shaft driven trikes are pretty rare birds. Other than catalog pages in the book "Riding Toys", I've only seen one other photo of one someone owned. You have a very nice addition to your collection.

Dave
Thank you Dave. It surprised me just how smooth it operates.

Just picked it up today. Gear Tricycle any idea what year ? Thanks for the information Bob

I looked through a riding toy catalog and a shaft drive tricycle similar to yours is dated 1949 so I would suspect most manufacturers were copying each other around the same period of time. I'm pretty sure you tricycle would date to around the same time period late 1940's yearly 1950's.

I was thinking at least later in the '40s, too, being equipped with those wider semi pneumatic tires.

Dave

I was thinking at least later in the '40s, too, being equipped with those wider semi pneumatic tires.

Dave
thank you all for the information. i am more informed about bikes then trikes. but i couldn't resist it. at 75 bucks.
plus the grand kids love it.

thank you all for the information. i am more informed about bikes then trikes. but i couldn't resist it. at 75 bucks.
plus the grand kids love it.

I would not have been able to resist $75 for that either, great find! I'm sure the grand children will have plenty of fun with it.

Back