When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year is this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

comet

Finally riding a big boys bike
Picked this up on marketplace for $40. Might be 1940 according to the serial number. Horn works, light doesn't. Also why is D. P. Harris known as Snyder?

JWicCvkXSSebYtR59QgQWg.jpg

G6cRxGeTRP+B4hqK0KxX0Q.jpg

YIFlMF9FSAaR3MFwgyVHTQ.jpg

WDUTEqXDRKOCn9lyrNdTXQ.jpg

ambPIhDqRRmvZ05Xf6V%Fw.jpg

IMG_6423.JPG

IMG_6424.JPG

pFhOSBe%T%qLgP5VcYVn%Q.jpg

czurmDxKTPiZO0OfFOMwpw.jpg

TEYsoAfuT5SrohZHqgO4Jw.jpg

u8jsdKwqSLmglKWVBrtpUw.jpg

I've ridden it up and down the street a few times and the tires have held up. Am I lucky and should get new tires or ride till they fail? Cheng Shin nylon tyres.

I noticed a bracket as part of the front fender for the truss rods. You can see it in the picture. I've never seen this before. Is it special?

TEYsoAfuT5SrohZHqgO4Jw.jpg

Not special but specific to Snyder, I guess around 1940 the brass read the riot act to the serial stamping dept to clean up their act!

Not sure when Snyder-Rollfast began to use 1/2” pitch chain; if original, it might be one of the first, unless a leftover pre-war frame.
White-wall tires could be 10-20 years old, may be replaced when their looks degrade.

Last edited:
Back