When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year stingray and is it a deluxe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Billythekid

I live for the CABE
So I found my new favorite Fleamarket and in the past month I’ve got more then the last year at my local flea so this week I scored this stingray for $45 the guy got it from a barn where it had hung in the rafters for a long time I assume someone into bmx had it but I also know schwinn had some bmx bikes so tell me what I got it thinking 67-70 ??
Serial number kf 66735

47C2797C-6E10-41E4-B690-04957D3B18B4.jpeg

F35F283D-3F4F-4C27-912A-5412728C8F4C.jpeg

At first thought it might have been a 1978 Schwinn BX because of the bars, seat and if it has a S2 front rim; but the serial number indicates an older frame. Also chainguard would have had a screened BX on it, but couldn't read the chainguard to well. Maybe someone just tried to outfit a 1970 coaster brake Stingray frame with BMX parts?

I scored this stingray for $45

Im with Callhooney on this, someone wanted a BMX and made their old Stingray into one best they could. didn't a lot of us? Most of it is there. The tires are great to have especially if no cracks, nice ones come at a premium. Are both rims S-2? Still a good score at $45 find one for me haha

I did that same conversion/look to my 1971 Stingray when I was a kid. I added Scrambler 36 - 36 wheels to mine. Even had one pf those plastic front fenders on mine for a while.

Will post pics later of my recreation this week.

looks like Callahooney1 said above 1970 stingray that they customized, $45 is a good score

Yes s2’s and the tires have very small cracks not bad at all

I would love to see pics of any bmx stingrays I’ll be looking forward to them

I would love to see pics of any bmx stingrays I’ll be looking forward to them

You should go to the BMX forum and search for them. There was recently a thread about them a couple members have killer originals old sttle frmaes like your and the newer style scrambler and phantom. One of these days I going to find a nice early scrambler for myself.

Back