When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year Wasp?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

3-speeder

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Happy Independence Day everybody! So I picked up this beauty last week and was so excited to get it. It's got the heavy duty wheels and the cool chainguard that I love. Don't know what's up with the little chainwheel? From the serial number it looks like it could have been built in '53 or '57. I think the first Wasps came out in the '54 catalog so could this be a first year run or would it be a '57 build?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
What do you think?

Upon further review it appears that I have a 1961 Wasp. I misread the serial number. D'oh. Thanks anyway.
image.jpg

Last edited:
That's weird. Your Wasp has the large oval head badge and 61 ushered in the small oval head badges. With that little chain ring I'd bet that bike carried a big load of newspapers or maybe pulled a construction trailer. :) BTW, the first year Wasp had painted S-2's.

Back