When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Year

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

borgward

Finally riding a big boys bike
What year is my World Sport? #511545 stamped under the bottom bracket. Light Gray blue paint. I believe ti is late 80's. Sun tour. Also has # G0285.

Last edited:
The bikes build date is stamped on the head badge. Example, 1235 would be the 123rd day of 85. The Giant number date is when the serial number was stamped.

That's close. My World sport is light blue, 12 speed Sun Tour. Schwinn Catalog shows it to be 1984. Looks like that was the only year w/12 speed Sun Tour. 1985 shows 10 speed Shimano, Maroon and Black colors. It's a mystery. Maybe they built in 85 and sold it as an 84 for some tax or tariff reason.

Where were you looking at the catalogs? That messed up sight bikehistory.org?

1985 catalog.

1666494444509.png

Who originally composed those catalogs on that site? Schwinn? Looks like they have as bad record keeping and info as Gibson Guitars.

What is the name of that publication you showed?

Who originally composed those catalogs on that site? Schwinn? Looks like they have as bad record keeping and info as Gibson Guitars.

What is the name of that publication you showed?
I use Tom Findleys catalog scans that are hosted on the Waterford site. Google Schwinn catalog scans.

Last edited:
Back