When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What years were the prewar hockey stick style schwinn chain guards used?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I got back in town and have the bike. It looks like you guys were right on the date as it has a 41 plate on the back fender. It has one odd feature I’d like an opinion on. It has a hole through the top frame bar. I’ve seen some bikes that had a two speed shifter in about the same location. Is that what the hole is for?

Cool find, what's the badge?, short frame, bummer somebody mounted something in that hole 😉 over the past 80 yrs. but not any optional 2 spd unless they made their own custom mounted shifter and headset angle is a little different on prewar frames so tanks are and fit a little different in addition to screw & horn differences. what's the serial #, getting into 42 they started showing up with a few guards?, everything else looks pretty OG ( except rack ) so you never know, that Morrow hub is dated also.

Last edited:
I know other brands used what looks like the same guard. My late prewar Hawthorne for one, and I have a Monark Rocket with one.

If you want to part with that chrome hockey stick prewar guard, send me a pm..

Back