When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what you tell me about my hawthorne?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikerboi90

On Training Wheels
just got this off ebay so I have something to work on in my free time. im going to go pick it up friday, while I wait for friday to come around, can anybody give me some info on it?

Attachments

• hawthorne side.jpg
    hawthorne side.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 215
  • hawthorne bars.jpg
    hawthorne bars.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 115
  • hawthorne front wheel.jpg
    hawthorne front wheel.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 105
  • hawthorne rear hub.jpg
    hawthorne rear hub.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 100
  • hawthorne headtube.jpg
    hawthorne headtube.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 103
saw it on ebay. good price for it. the chain ring is the only question that does not look right. you can get the parts but the tank is for a large size frame. are the rims wood lined? if not, they are not original. other than that, it looks like a 20s hawthorne to me.

havent gotten it yet

i have only seen what you have seen so far, im going to go pick it up on friday ill put up more pics then. what chainring would come on it? would it have had a tank and fenders? and i was kinda figuring it was 20s

Last edited:
saw it on eBAy also, ok deal for price, it is probly late 20's early 30's, wheels should be wood, the sprocket could be correct, depending on year, wish you fun with it what ever you do with it

glue ons yes, but they can be wood or woodlined ore metal depending on the options. as far as a date could be teens also.

mark

thanks for all the info guys, i plan to make it a rider, so new paint and stuff

That would be good, bu sometimes rust looks really nice on a bike, and this one seems to look consistently aged... Have you thought of getting whatever tires/wheels/drivetrain parts necessary and leaving the finish be?

im still thinking

im not sure what i want to do so far cause i havent gotten it yet, but i know im going to try to get the proper singletube wheels for it and fenders. i might leave it as it is cause i lile a bike to look its age

Hawthorne offered 28" tired 'motobikes' thru 1933. All 34's had balloon tires. The chainring is correct, it's a Snyder piece, also seen on Rollfasts thru the late 30's. Nice find!

Back