When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's currently your favorite rider?

-
My favorite would be my 1933 Mead Ranger Ace. It is fun to ride. What makes it a pleasure to drive is the manual 2 speed Bendix hub that I had installed. It beats a kick back hub any day of the week. Those hubs tend to change gears very easily even when braking. That is why I prefer manual hubs.

IMG_20130704_192149.jpg

Last edited:
Some great riders out there guys! Glad to see everything from a lubed up rat, a frame built-up with modern drivetrain, to a full blown super deluxe original! Let's see some more! Gotta be a rider, no trailer queens here:o

my trusty '46 DX

I'll keep this girl for the rest of my life.
Nice solid rider and daily commuter.

7872_10200446871108231_710470330_n-1.jpg

But I just set this bike up (different saddle now) and am really enjoying the smooth ride and responsiveness of it. It's a 1934 Schwinn tall.
With Velocity p-35s laced to a Morrow rear hub, vintage German racing high flange front.
It's fun to be able to look over fences when you're cutting down the alley too.

WP_20130918_019-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Tailhole, and if you ever want to sell that Schwinn Tall frame...I'd love to get a pm first! :)

Figured its about darn time we bump up this thread! Tho I still love my SamSco dearly and don't see us parting ways any time soon, my go-to bike for the past couple years has been my beloved '38-ish Monark built Hawthorne Twin Bar. Such a roomy and comfy ride, it's the one I rely on most.

20151226_144558_zpsaaertd0v.jpg

I only have 2 vintage bike's but the one I've been riding alot lately since I put it together is my Columbia unpainted raw metal bike. No clue what year it is but I do know it's a middle weight not a Balooner. But it ride's soooo nice.

100_8558.JPG

Back