When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Does the Symbol Stamp on Schwinn Stingray's Mean?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rayray

Look Ma, No Hands!
Can any specify what the symbols mean on Schwinn stingray head tube hardware and crank hardware? I also noticed some are thicker than others. Did certain year stingray bikes use thicker hardware?

I attached some pics to help but can anyone breakdown the symbols and what year stingray the symbols coincide with.

can anyone breakdown all of the symbols and it's meaning?

Thank you!

B6ADA663-594D-4A27-A1FC-CFD618E1A201.jpeg

D5571E89-6908-4D81-97A5-A4B061503297.jpeg

C5D8B6EC-1432-4FB9-AB57-628CBD42D6A0.jpeg

95DB6F98-75C5-406C-B0A2-858ADE76A97D.jpeg

FBDA00B2-19E8-4894-98D5-F89BAD3C95A5.jpeg

8E5D00FF-BC8B-4DF3-9D18-87A4C6377432.jpeg

1C843907-0640-4C6B-AC98-44E4C769F3DD.jpeg

I don't think the symbols have much meaning, maybe they can help date a certain piece but not sure. As far as the different size head parts perhaps the older parts are slightly larger. The difference is not enough to make a difference. The pieces seem to be the same size overall but just the details are slightly different could be from time period or different makers. When assembled the result will be the same. Maybe someone has an idea about the symbols.

I don't think the symbols have much meaning, maybe they can help date a certain piece but not sure. As far as the different size head parts perhaps the older parts are slightly larger. The difference is not enough to make a difference. The pieces seem to be the same size overall but just the details are slightly different could be from time period or different makers. When assembled the result will be the same. Maybe someone has an idea about the symbols.
okay, that's what I was assuming, I'm just trying to clarify and educate myself on this as well.

I'm just trying to clarify and educate myself on this as well.
The dumbest questions are the ones you don't ask. This site has tons of info, just keep searching what you want to know chances are its on here. Sometimes it is difficult to find answers. You may get a some responses that are harsh but always take it with a grain of salt because the experts answer a lot of the same questions over and over. And always keep in mind most of the us are cranky old men on the other keyboard haha.

The dumbest questions are the ones you don't ask. This site has tons of info, just keep searching what you want to know chances are its on here. Sometimes it is difficult to find answers. You may get a some responses that are harsh but always take it with a grain of salt because the experts answer a lot of the same questions over and over. And always keep in mind most of the us are cranky old men on the other keyboard haha.
hahahaha! I'm sure after answering the same thing repeated, it could be a bit frustrating so it's understandable. lol! it is hard to find info on the forum sometimes. I tried searching, but couldn't find what I needed so I thought I would asked. I'm sure the post is probably buried in the thread somewhere. I appreciate your time and everything man, it's greatly appreciated my brother.

Last edited:
Back