When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats is this bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It is a Schwinn lightweight, and very finely built, some of Schwinns best construction I feel was done just before, during and just after the war, look at the lugs and fork construction. Having a two speed would be a nice bonus on this.

Thanks for all the help with this bike. I learned more about these bikes. And i hope more people learn more also.

Thanks for all you replys

Not sure of the make but it's a war time bicycle when all manufacturers had to make light weight bicycles.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It is a Schwinn lightweight, and very finely built, some of Schwinns best construction I feel was done just before, during and just after the war, look at the lugs and fork construction. Having a two speed would be a nice bonus on this.

"best construction"? That's the crappiest welding job I've ever seen on a Schwinn. From the slim welds on the head post, honking sloppy, weld joints on the rear stay bars to seat post. And that luging looks irregular and cheap too, overdone. When did Schwinn make this junky looking head post joint verse brazed in and smoothened out or electo weld their specialized look-a-like- brazing style appearance, formed head post?

Fenders look prewar Schwinn and ornamentation that's visible at least, does too, including the stripes on seat post, appear to be in the right spot except there should be two sets and top hat in-between . but, that's the worst craftsmanship/construction I've ever seen on a Schwinn.

Not intend to be B-icy, or hate full but, Doubt it's Schwinn. but maybe they built this on TGIF at their after hours 'tea' [wink] party.

Last edited:
What is this bike.
Looks like a new departure 2 speed hub.
Lightweight tires.
I need a little help with this one. I dont believe i have ever seen one if these before.

My first thoughts were to take the 2 speed hub off amd sell it as is. Then junk the rest of the bike.

View attachment 487970 View attachment 487971 View attachment 487972 View attachment 487973 View attachment 487974 View attachment 487975 View attachment 487976 View attachment 487978 View attachment 487979 View attachment 487980 View attachment 487981 View attachment 487982

View attachment 487969

While lightweights are NOT my specialty...I would guess about $150 with the 2-speed working as it is. That lever is popular.

Back