When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it? 1890's Accentric Dropouts

-

Dave Stromberger

I'm Afraid I Can't Let You Do That
System Administrator
Picked this up at the Iron Ranch swap meet yesterday. It was in Alan's collection. I know I've seen one of these recently, either it was here on the Cabe, or on eBay... not sure. Can anybody help identify this machine? I've seen a few other threads discussing the dropouts, but didn't seem to be exactly like this.

Thanks!

1890's Mystery Racer-001.jpg

1890's Mystery Racer-002.jpg

1890's Mystery Racer-003.jpg

1890's Mystery Racer-004.jpg

1890's Mystery Racer-005.jpg

I’ve seen quite a few mfgs use the same dropouts and spacer hardware leading me to think they bought from a wholesale components mfg.

That Manson that was recently on fb and purchased with Sanger bars and a bunch of teens stuff on it had eccentric dropouts I believe very similar/the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is a very nice invention, I have 3 different brand bikes with it, one being a Eagle like yours.
it works very well to adjust the chain tension
it's amazing that I have never seen a broken rear dropout of one (being so thin)

this is a very nice invention, I have 3 different brand bikes with it, one being a Eagle like yours.
it works very well to adjust the chain tension
it's amazing that I have never seen a broken rear dropout of one (being so thin)
Nice. Do you have some pics of your Eagle that you could share?

Back