When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it? 1890's Accentric Dropouts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dave Stromberger

I'm Afraid I Can't Let You Do That
System Administrator
Picked this up at the Iron Ranch swap meet yesterday. It was in Alan's collection. I know I've seen one of these recently, either it was here on the Cabe, or on eBay... not sure. Can anybody help identify this machine? I've seen a few other threads discussing the dropouts, but didn't seem to be exactly like this.

Thanks!

1890's Mystery Racer-001.jpg

1890's Mystery Racer-002.jpg

1890's Mystery Racer-003.jpg

1890's Mystery Racer-004.jpg

1890's Mystery Racer-005.jpg

I’ve seen quite a few mfgs use the same dropouts and spacer hardware leading me to think they bought from a wholesale components mfg.

That Manson that was recently on fb and purchased with Sanger bars and a bunch of teens stuff on it had eccentric dropouts I believe very similar/the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is a very nice invention, I have 3 different brand bikes with it, one being a Eagle like yours.
it works very well to adjust the chain tension
it's amazing that I have never seen a broken rear dropout of one (being so thin)

this is a very nice invention, I have 3 different brand bikes with it, one being a Eagle like yours.
it works very well to adjust the chain tension
it's amazing that I have never seen a broken rear dropout of one (being so thin)
Nice. Do you have some pics of your Eagle that you could share?

Back