When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth?1957-58 Monark Roadster

-

jacob9795

I live for the CABE
I overhauled and detailed this bike back in July. The owner still hasn't picked it up. It's a smooth rider and easy on my knees. I want to offer the owner fair market value for the bike. I think that's about $450. It has a very unappealing repair weld from the seat tube to the BB, but a strong weld nonetheless. Please tell me what you think it's worth.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Not sure what it's worth, but here's my two cents.
If you're going to buy it, figure out fair market value BEFORE all the work you did. Don't pay extra for the bike's current condition for work that you did.

Thanks for the tip; I agree. I don't charge for labor, even if it involves wheel building, but she does owe me $100 for parts. But yes, I put a lot of work/love into this bike. It's perfectly fine that the bike is still at my house, she's been busy and I've grown attached to it.

Back