When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth? Wastyn custom built frame/fork?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

camncars

On Training Wheels
I aquired an old frame and fork from my friends grandfather and fathers estate. After some research and from what the family told me, they had several bikes custom built from Oscar Wastyn. I contacted Wastyn Cycles and the grandson who operates the shop now knows of the family who had bikes built back in the day. I am trying to see what it is worth, anyone have any ideas? As you can see in the pictures, the paint has been sanded off (many years ago). I am in the auto painting buisness and was thinking of repainting the frame and fork if it will be worth more money painted, and if I do that, any ideas what color I should do it in? Here is the email

Hello I am hoping you can help me out with an old frame and fork that I have. It belonged to my good friends grandfather who passed away. His name was Louis Sebo, and had a son Bob Sebo who also raced, and he was from Chicago and moved to Park Ridge, IL many years ago, and he and his family were very big into bike racing, Northbrook Track was one of the tracks they attended. I posted many pictures of this frame on a Classic and Vintage Bike Forums to try and get some help on what kind of frame/fork it is, as there are no serial numbers or stamps on it. The only numbers are on the bottom, which I learned are the Nervex angles and such for the tubes. I also did some quick measurments and looks likt the seat/down tube is approx 28.6" and top tube is 25.4. I am not very fimilar with bikes and am trying to get info on this for the family history and possible value of it. Someone who replied on the forums suggested I contacted you, as it may have been a Oscar Wastyn Custom Built frame for Paramont???
Here are links to pictures of the bike. Hopefully you or your family may know about this frame? I look foward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time.

"Glenn,
Oscar Wastyn Sr. built the bikes for the Sebo family. They are not Paramounts, the are simply either a Wastyn Custom or a Wastyn Special. Serial numbers grandpa left up to the customer, if they wanted one, he put one, if not, no big deal. As far as the value, we would have no idea, we are not into that part of collector stuff.
Scott Wastyn"

DSC00403-1.jpg

DSC00396-1.jpg

DSC00398-1.jpg

DSC00399-1.jpg

DSC00400-1.jpg

DSC00401-1.jpg

DSC00402-1.jpg

DSC00395-1.jpg

DSC00411-1.jpg

Cool frame! Love the lugwork! Great story, please post more pics as you get it back in condition! Peter Weigle would like to see these images (I think,) he seems very cool..I've communicated with him a bit on Flickr... (he is a very talented custom frame builder).

there is a market for stuff like this but not really huge on this forum, I would try bikeforums.net for better information on these specific frames. Also try the sheldon brown website, there might be some info on these bikes on there.

I would only plate and paint it if I was going to do a full build. Other than

that, I would sell it here or on eBay to the highest bidder and let them go

and figure out how they want it finished.....

On eBay, I think this would find a pretty good audience. And, a good price

if you describe it correctly.

You could try posting it on the Classicrendezvous website as it has a lot of prople who specialize in the early lugged frame bicycles.

Back