When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

whats it worth ?

-
F

Flathead31coupe

i have a chance to get a sears screamer 2 all original and working but little rusty, what is it worth,

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can get it cheap or like it, go for it! Sears screamer's, while I don't know them too well, they tend to bring some really good money on eBay if they are carefully cleaned and in nice original shape. How bad is the rust? I think the going price of an original, real nice screamer is $350-600.

i will get some pics up soon as i pick it up, thanks

here is a few pics, just need an idea of what to pay... he has the front hub and spokes
DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

thats a 68. most of the hard to find bits are there. kind of rusty though, not sure how nice it will clean up. I'd offer like $75 and go from there, unless you really want to restore it and keep it I'm not sure its worth more than $100-125 or so, if you want to part it you could get $200+ for parts I'd figure... and if you part it I want the pedals!

:)

Even if I had to have it, $75 would be my limit. I know sellers don't care how much repairs cost but buyers do. You have to be willing to walk away.

bar keepers friend

there is a cleaner found in the dollar store ,home depot etc.. if you mixed it up with water ,and poured it on your bike ,let it sit for a bit, and then hose it off ,you will be amazed,, repeat and let the next application dry,, it drys into a polishing powder, lightly clean with a cloth and it will shine ,, in hard to reach areas wash off with water, the bar keepers friend is around 3 dollars and is packaged in different containers ,, walter branche,,

Back