When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Status
Please reply by conversation.
C

carpenter334

A Few years ago, my friend told me my 1938 Cleveland Welding Company Roadmaster girls tank bike might be worth a few hundred bucks. Since I am not an avid collector, I am unsure what this bike in good condition is apporoximately worth these days. Anyone?
Thanks ya'll.

Here is a pciture I hope. Thanks for your input!

Attachments

• DSC02426.jpg
    DSC02426.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 113
I just sold this one on ebay which is almost identical for $65 after posting it on several vintage bike websites for nearly a year asking $100.

Attachments

• ladies hawthorne.jpg
    ladies hawthorne.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:
And now the bad news...

I realize that having an older bike seems like it should mean "collectable", but it's not the case for girls bikes, generally speaking. Girls bikes are great, but only as donor bikes for finishing boys bike projects, and only if they are 26" frames. Honestly, you'll make more money parting it out (the fenders with the curved braces and the rear rack alone are worth more separately than the whole bike without them). Sell the fenders, rear rack, maybe the chainguard, definitely the chain itself, the pedals, the front badge, the fork and the truss rods. If the hubs are good, sell them too. If there is anything that still has good chrome on it, it's worth something to somebody who might want to switch it out with theirs.
The rest you can put in the alley and let someone who doen't know any better take it.
All of this is assuming that it is a 26 incher. If it's not, roll it out to the dumpster and forget about it.
If you do decide to part it out, Id be interested in the handlebars and truss rods.:D

A Few years ago, my friend told me my 1938 Cleveland Welding Company Roadmaster girls tank bike might be worth a few hundred bucks. Since I am not an avid collector, I am unsure what this bike in good condition is apporoximately worth these days. Anyone?
Thanks ya'll.
Also, who told you it was a '38?:confused:
I see both early 40's and mid 40's stuff on it, but nothing 30's.
I'd say you had a mid 40's or so with both earlier(there was a lot of left-over stuff from earlier models that was still used on new bikes during the 40's) and later stuff added. It would have been skip toothed until post-war anyway. Another thing is that it doesn't have ears on the rear dropouts for a drop-stand, which would make it a later bike.
:o Sorry, just thought I'd drop the bomb. Live and learn, right?

it was an avid dealer

My friend Vance, once an gypsy traveler and and avid pedler of everything vintage, especially bikes and guitars, had a bunch of books and knew some of you folks. As he became more learned, I became more interested and started to listen to some of the tank bike talk going on around the woodstove. He doesn't deal in bikes anymore but we came up with '38 from a book, I think. Anyway, it is old as heck and so am I. I guess I'll part it out. Anyone else want parts?
Thanks Ya'll!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back