When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the best line of work to be in to find old bikes?

-
Well here's a good story I hate to tell but I will. Going thru my home town months ago I stopped at a grill to get a burger. While waiting I started talking to a gentleman about bicycles . He told me just last week down the road from the grill this family had a huge yard sale ( no advertising) nothing but bicycles. The story goes the family's father pasted and he worked at the city's landfill for 50 years. He brought old bicycles home all the time. Filled up barns with them . He said it was at least 150 bikes and what didn't sale went to scrap . SO SAD 😞 Wish I had of known about it . No telling what he had .

Wow, a whole bunch of great new ideas.........................

I was going to suggest volunteering at a bicycle oriented co-op or refurbishing non- profit
(unfortunaltely as many for profit bicycle shops are by default).

You could make arrangements to buy stuff before it hits processing as they are generally
looking for operating capital($$$).

rusty

I work at a bike shop, these came off our scrap heap...

AE48AF65-C41A-48B4-AE76-1EEA47E70E79.jpeg

E5D9F116-5189-40DC-A7DB-5D46AAAF5B95.jpeg

Back