When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the best way to remove old water slide decals.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hoagie57

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Looking for a way to remove worn original water slide decals without damage to the original paint. No clear coat on em.
Can I soak the part to soften the decal or is there something to apply to loosen em up so "maybe" it's just come off in bits/pieces?
Anyone got a way?
Thanks for any & all input.
Tommy

There’s a product called Micro Set/Sol
That will soften up old decals for removal, without any damage to the paint,
63D18932-B953-43AF-A204-70D1D4BC649F.jpeg

FC6230FC-1A6A-4167-8BCC-2F50DB1D4394.jpeg

Last edited:
There’s a product called Micro Set/Sol
That will soften up old decals for removal, without any damage to the paint,
I've tried that before, used just about the whole bottle did nothing for removing the decal >>> but great for applying them!

Last edited:
I’ve completely removed all the decals off of a 1963 varsity and a 1979 spitfire five using turtle waxes rubbing compound in the green bottle. Are you sure the ones you’re dealing with haven’t been coated with something?

I’ve completely removed all the decals off of a 1963 varsity and a 1979 spitfire five using turtle waxes rubbing compound in the green bottle. Are you sure the ones you’re dealing with haven’t been coated with something?
Positive 100% original with no top coating whatsoever about 50% already coming off or missing altogether. Oh I know once there clear coated your screwed trying to get em off. Don't even bother. But these are not.
Thanks for the input.

I've simply soaked them in warm water before and come right off..I suppose it could matter how long they've been on there too.

Back