When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the best way to remove old water slide decals.

-
1897 Hendee & Nelson Silver King bicycle. Yet to be unveiled because of the waterslides 😭
Do you think they might’ve possibly been overcoated? Varnish maybe? Shellac? do you have any denatured alcohol and Q-tips? Sounds like you’re gonna be doing a trial and error until your shelf is full of products. 😱

50 years? Aint no water slide decals then..you meant the original silk screening?
82 years and counting, water slide.

20190330_180354.jpg

I came here looking for some help to get a pretty stubborn decal off but I didn’t know what kinda decal it actually was. Sucker was stiff tho. I ended up using a torch to heat it up then just scrapped it off with a paint scrapper. Goo-Gone and a scotch brite pad took the sticky glue off that was left behind.

IMG_3662.jpeg

IMG_3663.jpeg

I came here looking for some help to get a pretty stubborn decal off but I didn’t know what kinda decal it actually was. Sucker was stiff tho. I ended up using a torch to heat it up then just scrapped it off with a paint scrapper. Goo-Gone and a scotch brite pad took the sticky glue off that was left behind.

View attachment 1888619

View attachment 1888620

I usually refer to a waterslide as a decal and with something that has a glue backing it would be called a sticker.

Looks like @Hoagie57 beat me to it.

Back