When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's The Biggest Rust Bucket You've Bought And Brought Home?

-
Ok....might as well drop some more.

Here is my 41 green/greeen autocycle. Also found buried in the ground. No paint visible when I found it, rear smashed and frozen solid. Its coming along but I took a break from it to work on the black 41.

RUSTONE.jpg

41 THREE.jpg

I went to a barn sale, but there wasn’t a bicycle inside. I asked the owner if he ever had any bicycles? As I walked away he stopped me and said he had a POS in the pump house. I was thinking BSA when he said that, then he opened the door to the pump house. I saw spider webs, dust, and rust. He said he had to have $100. I said how about $80? He said ok, but I had to dig it out!

Story when I found this one was the wheels were stuck in the dirt and the tires had to be cut off to get it out. Sun faded clay tires came from the same haul.
PXL_20220908_003444194.jpg

Speaking of rust....I was too P/Oed to post this one last night as it left me stranded twice in the same neighborhood. Got about 3 miles of walking in. First time, I came out after lunch to find the rear completely flat, was some beer bottle glass. Second time was some jackwagon swerving his car into the wrong lane in a curve, I went into the grass and found a drain/pothole that busted out 4 spokes. So it goes with rust barnacled spokes....but 4 out on the same side/spot made the tire scrape the fender bad enough to make it unrideable. I've been feeding this thing crusty spokes since I got it but I think it's finally telling to "put me back where you found me!"

Back