When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the correct brake arm for '67 KC serial Bendix 2 speed blue band kickback hub???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

xochi0603

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello, Could someone please advise me wants the correct brake arm for '67 KC serial Bendix 2 speed blue band kickback hub??? Will it have a month & year stamped on the back of the brake arm?? Thanks Bob

Hello, Could someone please advise me wants the correct brake arm for '67 KC serial Bendix 2 speed blue band kickback hub??? Will it have a month & year stamped on the back of the brake arm?? Thanks Bob
I do not think the arms were stamped, I do know the blue band say s Overdrive on it.

IMG_1395.jpg

I am thinking that those preformed bendix round brake straps are correct for the kick back hubs also

Mare sure your hub is an actual Overdrive before replacing an arm, I've seen a few fakes now where stripes have been repainted or they just have the wrong internals. A true blueband will have the cog driver move independently of the smooth shell driver. The yellow and red band internals have the cog mounted to the smooth shell driver and another driver that's not visible due to the dust cover.
I wish I had taken pictures now, but I've been looking at stingray date stamped arms. So far I've had some 68s. I'll add pics of the one I still have later...
The replacement arms have no date stamps on the back and I haven't found date stamps prior to 68, but I've not been able to examine everything that I'd consider original either.

NOS Redband arm, no stamp.
IMG_20220303_1230069.jpg

66 American Yellowband, no stamp.
IMG_20220303_1226150.jpg

68 Slik Chik if I remember right, Blueband Overdrive stamped A 8.
IMG_20220303_1228144.jpg

An AD or KC serial Stingray if I remember right, Blue band Overdrive stamped A 8. The guy said he didn't want the 2 speed, lol so I traded him 2 regular coaster wheels for it.
IMG_20220303_1222599.jpg

IMG_20220303_1223441.jpg

IMG_20220303_1223293.jpg

And I can't find pictures of it, but a wheel I serviced and put an index spring in for dad was off of a 68 MiniTwin. It was a yellow band with an offset arm stamped H 8, also was a side stamp S2.

I have some other Bendix 70 and 76 hubs with stamps on the backs of the arms, but I haven't a clue what they came off of. Curious to see what other guys have come across for stamps too...

Back