When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the Reasonable going rate for a...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Demzie

Wore out three sets of tires already!
New Departure 2sp set with cable, hub and toggle lever?

I know they come up between 3 and 400 lately but the question was poised among some folks I talk to today and I'd considered one for my 1938 DBR.

Granted value is what someone's willing to pay but "Fair Value" I guess is what I'm getting at as not to spend too much or offer too little in the event I did make an offer on one seen in usable but not MINT condition.

Erin

3 to 400 from what I've noticed. I paid 250 for mine a while back from Facebook. It's being laced up for my DBR.

Last edited:
3 to 400 from what I've noticed. I paid 250 for mine a while back from Facebook. It's being laced up for my DBR.
Not to derail my own thread here, but you wanna shoot me a pick of your DBR when it's all together? Mines a '38 CWC DBR as apposed to the seemingly more desired Colson/Schwinn DBRs but I'd love to see how that little shifter is rigged up and how the cable looks on it and all.

Erin

The key to 2 speeds is not the external appearance (besides matching your bikes patina). It's what's inside that counts. If you don't see what the internal axle gear looks like as well as bearing surfaces it's a crap shoot on if it will even function.

That being said, if the axle looks good I've paid an average of $375 shipped on mine.

The key to 2 speeds is not the external appearance (besides matching your bikes patina). It's what's inside that counts. If you don't see what the internal axle gear looks like as well as bearing surfaces it's a crap shoot on if it will even function.

That being said, if the axle looks good I've paid an average of $375 shipped on mine.
Definitely the guts of a hub that matter, but I'm also into the Aesthetic of how itll look on the bike overall. I usually see them on Cantilever frames or late 30s tankers. Cant say I've seen one on a DBR yet that I can remember.
I keep having this recuring idea of a 2sp setup with a ND front brake as well. It's a bit overkill but the details really get me.

Erin

Got one on ebay last year for 300 +shipping-have it on a bike right now. Really prefer a period Sturmey archer set up and you can put that together for way less

Reactions: JLF
Back