When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with bicycle tubes? Eventually, they all seem to go flat!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Where do I buy a decent tube? What brand do I look for? Thanks, Barry

I've taken apart 70 year old bicycles, that still held air in the old tubes better than the new ones. Might as well put a leaky old tube back in at this rate.

Wallymarts are inexpensive but will not last for long.
About the only good thing is that I can return them with no hassle.
I have had good luck with GoodYear Tube’s.

There is so much junk in the market today it's a real PITA trying to find the good stuff. What was good yesterday is junk today. Surprisingly, the Bell Universal is rated one of the better tubes, for the money, it actually holds air because it's thicker. Imagine that!

There is so much junk in the market today it's a real PITA trying to find the good stuff. What was good yesterday is junk today. Surprisingly, the Bell Universal is rated one of the better tubes, for the money, it actually holds air because it's thicker. Imagine that!
It's funny how that works. LOL

This is the original tube still holding the original factory air! It was verified - I let a little out and it still smells like Chicago...:cool:
1540895089962.png

I picked up an older 50’s bike with “Fisk” tubes they still hold air, one has a patch. Another recent find had Montgomery Ward Riverside tubes, they held air. I put on some new tires and reused the old MWR tubes, working fine. One wheel didn’t even have a rim strip. I added a couple of new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had good luck with Goodyear heavy duty tubes. Bought them at Walmart

Back