When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's with this seat?

-

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Before I go full exotic and maybe wreck an otherwise nice seat, I'd thought I'd ask...anybody know what these rusty-looking spots are? How they got there; and how to make them go away? The seat's off a very nice mid-50's JC Higgins Jetflow.

Wow. Are you serious? Butt Rash Mold. Insert "lol" here. But I think it's simply a funny name for a real thing - and I thank you for your advice. Scrub, I will. Thanks!

Wow. Are you serious? Butt Rash Mold. Insert "lol" here. But I think it's simply a funny name for a real thing - and I thank you for your advice. Scrub, I will. Thanks!
I am always serious. Butt rash mold. It's disgusting looking. My wife had it last summer. It started as a small indentation, a black spec on her seat. It quickly spread. I vigorously scrubbed it . She yelled and screamed, but thankfully I got all of it off. You should see her seat now. It's nice and smooth, and no more black spots.

Back