When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your "no-brainer" price for a prewar balloon tire bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
I'd like to know everyone's "no-brainer" price for a nice, original paint, non-deluxe, prewar balloon tire bicycle – both men's and ladies. I know brand, model, and accessories (tank, horn, light, carrier, seat, etc...) make a big difference, but for the sake of this question, let's say no tank, light or carrier, but chain guard is present, chrome is fairly nice and it has original grips and seat with nice old tires. What's the price you can't pass up, assuming you don't have major issues with space and the prewar bike in question is fairly local?

I think this will be interesting because a lot of things come into play including regionality, the size and quality of one's collection, and more. Give me what you got...

Hmmm, pre war Balloon, nice paint, badge, wheels, tires, saddle, bars, grips, chain wheel, pedals, guard.... but no tank, light, rack.... $250-$300, $150 ladies

This was $85 just as is. lol.........no brainer,didnt even try to talk down the price.lol
Schwinn black phantom.JPG

Okay, so some clarification for the world’s worst hypothetical (sorry)... the bike in question isn’t necessarily one you don’t want, but you most likely don’t need it. Basically what is the price that you can’t say no to for a men’s or ladies bike that fits the description. Obviously free works, but do you pay $75 for a ladies bike. $100? $125? Where is your threshold?

I did not argue these prices when Over the years purchased these bikes at antique shows
elgin robin complete (speedo present but missing headlight ) 800
original paint indian with tank and headlight 2200
original paint bluebird (grey) just missing one pedal and the badge 6500
this was all like 20 years ago and just a sample

Back