When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatsit

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

morton

I live for the CABE
Believe it or not, I'm getting ready for Trexlertown. It's time to get rid of a whole bunch of stuff so I sorting and sifting.

In in box I found these calipers. Don't remember where or when I go them.

Look like they would be for balloon tirre Schwinn but that's about I think I know. Note that there is a front and rear, but the script on the front is different on both, the back imprint is the same.

How old? Application? Value estimate? Any other info?

Thanks.

c1.JPG

c2.JPG

c3.JPG

Schwinn lightweights or middle weights. 1960s to late 1970s era. $25 in the condition they are in. At least you can buy them on E-Bay for that. Probably off a Varsity. Roger

Schwinn lightweights or middle weights. 1960s to late 1970s era. $25 in the condition they are in. At least you can buy them on E-Bay for that. Probably off a Varsity. Roger

Can you give me a link where you found them? I looked up Schwinn Calipers on ebay and all I was able to find were the later ones that have the markings etched in a flat spot on each "wing" of the caliper? Thanx

I’d say those are from the mid 60’s or earlier, but I’m no expert. Should be a number on the back as to what reach they are. The ones with 11mm pivot hardware are a bit tougher to find, but I’m not sure if those are 10 or 11mm. Either way, in the area of $25 wold be about right in my book.

What increases the value to me is springs that aren’t rusted, clean hardware and no scoring on alloy from an improperly adjusted pivot or wallered out pivots.

Do not have a link and since todays my 70th birthday I have about 65 years of bicycle experience memory. Roger

-----

You can get a model number by measuring the reaches.

They look by eye like they may be 890's.

This chart gives the specifications -

1zo97j5.jpg

-----

Back