When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Lacing.

-

iswingping

Finally riding a big boys bike
Anyone with original wheel set have a closeup of the spokes? Is it over, over, under. I left the rear together while I restored the front. Then, onto the rear. It's a 3 overlap, but I have all going over. Is that correct?

Thanks guys!

Mine when I took it apart was 3 under, then one over.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bozman,
Thanks for the reply. Did I see you snap up some smokin' deal on some kick stands the other day?

Johan,
Thanks. Pretty sure that's how these were unless I missed that detail on the front. Might be due to the gauge.

Bozman,
Thanks for the reply. Did I see you snap up some smokin' deal on some kick stands the other day?
Yupper I was quick on the draw and scored them at a great price. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hi All,

first post (-:

This is the rear wheel from my 1943 Westfield Columbia (M2 dated Eclipse Morrow) before dismantling. You can see that it has been run over, and one spoke pulled from the rim, but I hope it helps:

1943 Westfield Columbia Rear Wheel 01B.jpg

1943 Westfield Columbia Rear Wheel 02B.jpg

1943 Westfield Columbia Rear Wheel 04B.jpg

Incidentally, Thanks to the CABE, Johan Willaert, Al Berger at Bergerwerke, USMilitaria and G503 from whom I gathered th info necessary to be confident in buying one of these bicycles.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back