When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Question??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JimRoy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
What would a set of 26" wheels like these bring $$$? They have a Bendix 36-11 front hub and a Morrow 36-10 rear hub. 11g spokes and US Royal tires?
A31BD7CC-A49C-44A8-BCFC-25C2DEACE163.JPG

Last edited:
The rear wheel with the Morrow brake ( 36-10 Eclipse hub shell )and L1 ( 1st quarter 1942 date code) assuming it is all completely original WWII Military under the repaint ( including rim, spokes and nipples), I have seen go for upwards of $350.00 and possibly more to a motivated buyer. The front wheel to be WWII Military original would have a 36-10 Eclipse hub also, not 36-11 Bendix. It would bring a lot less.

Regards,
Bill

Hello;
Little question, the ECLIPSE front hub 36-11 appeared in wich year?
Also the MORROW and ECLIPSE hubs in 36-10?
Regards;
Serge

Hello;
Little question, the ECLIPSE front hub 36-11 appeared in wich year?
Also the MORROW and ECLIPSE hubs in 36-10?
Regards;
Serge
---------
The rear hub is a Morrow 36-10 with date code L1 = January 1942
The front hub is a Bendix 36-11

Re;
Thank , but, i mean; when were they made and mounted on the bikes.
Serge
They were assembled with the hubs I mentioned, new 11g spoked, trued straight and round, painted and new US Royal tires. They would make a good set of wheels for a Military tribute bike build. I'm just curious what a set of wheels like this would sell for?
Jim

I spent at least $500 assembling all the correct parts and pieces you have there - and another $200 or so for lacing, blasting and Powdercoating...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if the only original WWII Military part on these wheels is the rear Eclipse hub and the remainder of the parts were put together from new and/or used non- WWII parts, then the pair of wheels as is would by my estimation have a value of between $200.00 - $250.00. Most of the value would be in the rear hub, which could bring alone $150.00 or maybe more to someone that needs an original L1 36-10 Eclipse hub for their G519 restoration.

Regards,
Bill

Back