When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Question??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I would happily pay someone $250 for a set of wheels like this. Like Land O' Aches said, building a set cost a lot more than $250. More in the neighborhood of $500 in parts alone.
P.S. I forgot to add the cost to power coat, and I guess my 2-3 days labor to build them is $0.00

Last edited:
Cabers, I have all the parts to build a G519 set of wheels, but after crunching my numbers, I can't justify the build. Based on Huffman Bill's sale estimate of $250 for a pair, I would be upside down on cost. I was looking so forward to building them. Below is my actual parts cost. I'm being totally sincere.
---------------------
Loops $45
11g Spokes & Nipples $46.50
Rear Morrow 36-10 L1 Hub $150
Front Bendix 36-11 Hub $127
Wheel Truing $40
Army Jeep Parts Red Zinc Primer & 33070 OD Paint $20
John's US Royal Tires & Tubes $78.
Total Parts Cost: $506.50
Add another $50 for Bikeflights shipping. The total cost w/shipping would be $556.50 with zero profit margin.

I would have to have $650 for the pair.
JimRoy.
I'm going to find something else to work on...
20190225_185928.jpg

Last edited:
Jim,
What you paid in parts and labor to put these two wheels together does not automatically determine their value. Speaking for myself, if I was building a G519 tribute bike, I would not put out $650.00 for the wheels alone. Maybe someone else would and that would be their decision to make. I only gave you my opinion of their value based upon two wheels, all non- military parts ( except rear hub ) for use on a tribute bike. If you want to put them out there for $650.00 then by all means go for it and let the market decide.

Regards,
Bill

Jim,
What you paid in parts and labor to put these two wheels together does not automatically determine their value. Speaking for myself, if I was building a G519 tribute bike, I would not put out $650.00 for the wheels alone. Maybe someone else would and that would be their decision to make. I only gave you my opinion of their value based upon two wheels, all non- military parts ( except rear hub ) for use on a tribute bike. If you want to put them out there for $650.00 then by all means go for it and let the market decide.

Regards,
Bill

Thanks Bill for your input. The feedback I received was what I was fishing for, and helped make my decision. I'm moving on to another project. I will use all the parts for something else. Jim

Back