When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheelmen in Sedalia, Mo

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ranman

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Went to the Wheelman swap today in Sedalia, Mo. Wish we could have stayed longer. There long enough to meet a lot of really nice people.
James Allen was there working his butt off, what a great guy.
Sold my shaft bike to a really cool and interesting guy named Kevin from San Antonio.
Kevin I know you are a caber and if you see this, it was great to meet you! If I ever get your way I would truly like to stop by and see your collection and visit some more.
C2DA05D1-540C-4FCC-9C08-95047E936324.jpeg

Look at that scheit eating grin!

I am trying to recapture our exact conversation....
75F55FE3-F0F3-490F-9D4F-F9249E0F76C4.jpeg

Kevin: “ Great price, too bad I already have too many pneumatic safeties “
Randy: “But do you already have a shaft drive?”
Kevin “DAMN YOU! Hold this while I Go get the cash!”

I am loving it!
It’s the first turn key antique bicycle that I have ever had the pleasure to purchase.
I did a side by side comparison to the 1900 Cleveland Chainless on display at the meet. They are very different specimens in that the 1900 has a fore mounted pinion. The aft mounted pinion was only used for a few years until they went back to the original style, so I am relatively certain that the 1901 head badge it bears is original to the bike. The correct gear covers will probably never turn up because of their oddball bass akwards configuration, but who cares, it’s nice that they can be observed in action. This isn’t going to be a beach cruiser anyway.
Judging by the crazed paint and the chromed parts it was probably restored decades ago. Eventually it will get quill pedals but the rat traps are fine for now.

Thanks again for making this excellent example available.
Oh, and that klaxon is going to look perfect as is on my ‘97 Wasp.

Back