When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheels for Columbia Twosome?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This was the bike yesterday vs today
SmartSelect_20201207-094947_Facebook.jpg

This is a super newbie question.

Will the new wheel set come with the rear sprocket and coaster brake installed?

they are available that way, or you could have something custom built.
first option much less $ than the second.

they are available that way, or you could have something custom built.
first option much less $ than the second.
Thanks for the help. Ive been scouring the web for days and its difficult to find specific answers.

I see you are a moderator, is there a particular vendor that's good to the site?

you should know that tandems have heavier duty wheels than regular bikes. even if your going to just be putting around I would still try to stay with the heavier wheels, there's lots of weight and flex in those tandems.

those wheels you have don't look to bad, did you try to clean them up?
Maybe you could paint them?

you should know that tandems have heavier duty wheels than regular bikes. even if your going to just be putting around I would still try to stay with the heavier wheels, there's lots of weight and flex in those tandems.

The wheels aren't "too" bad. There's just a few fatal flaws for my particular project. In a few spots the chrome has delaminated, they have galvanized spokes, and the hubs are pretty heavily corroded.

I've managed to get a nice shine on just about all the hardware im keeping with the exception of the rear seat post and gooseneck (they will get chrome painted, as they seldom have contact with anything) and the oe wheels will stand out like a sore thumb.

from my experience with tandems, you might want to work with what you have and get it on the road, spending as little as possible.
if all goes well then upgrade as needed.
I've read this is the best approach, but the wife wants what she wants.

Other than needing a tune-up, the bike was operable before I tore it down.

She saw this photo, and my headache began:
SmartSelect_20201207-100850_Chrome.jpg

Also, as far as heavier duty wheels, ill make sure they have a heavier guage spoke (or more spokes). Thankfully my wife and I weigh in at <275 after dinner, so I'm not too concerned, but im keeping it in mind for sure.

Back