When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When asking for help...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What's worse is when you answer a million questions for someone, and then they don't believe the info you gave them.
Since I'm the antique fly reel guru on a couple of three forums, my least favorite question to answer is along the lines of "I just bought this, what's it worth?"
Not one to give a snarky answer, but will usually give an avoidance answer.

Ever heard fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?
When that second snark comes your way, that's what the Ignore button is for, then you won't be snarked again.

Last edited:
In all honesty this is the type of thread that brings out the bad in people. How we handle things and people should be personal. The last thing we want on the Cabe is drama.

And do we really need an ignore button? We are all here for one reason. Bicycles, all types and makes. Lets all think about why we ignored somebody and how we can figure out way not to. Can you and the op come to an agree to disagree confirmation where you dont have to ignore or even hate the op. Ignoring is very childish in my eyes. If you have a list of people ignored, you might want to check yourself.

Hey! If I was a butthole to somebody Im going to own up to it and apologize for being one. Hopefully the op would do the same. There is already too much hate and drama going on right now in ths world. Lets not start it here. This is a special place to endulge and learn and hopefully make new friends, organize rides etc. I have made a ton and I am very thankful for all the friends I have made. Sometimes you have to look at yourself and ask yourself. Am I a butthole? Maybe I should change my attitude, outlook, ways etc.

This is just my opinion.

Again, I have been blessed with opportunities, knowledge, and friends and it all happened here on the CABE!!!

In all honesty this is the type of thread that brings out the bad in people. How we handle things and people should be personal. The last thing we want on the Cabe is drama.

And do we really need an ignore button? We are all here for one reason. Bicycles, all types and makes. Lets all think about why we ignored somebody and how we can figure out way not to. Can you and the op come to an agree to disagree confirmation where you dont have to ignore or even hate the op. Ignoring is very childish in my eyes. If you have a list of people ignored, you might want to check yourself.

Hey! If I was a butthole to somebody Im going to own up to it and apologize for being one. Hopefully the op would do the same. There is already too much hate and drama going on right now in ths world. Lets not start it here. This is a special place to endulge and learn and hopefully make new friends, organize rides etc. I have made a ton and I am very thankful for all the friends I have made. Sometimes you have to look at yourself and ask yourself. Am I a butthole? Maybe I should change my attitude, outlook, ways etc.

This is just my opinion.

Again, I have been blessed with opportunities, knowledge, and friends and it all happened here on the CABE!!!
I think you're reading way too much into this. all I said was be calm and patient when asking people for their time. there's no subtext, no ignoring people, no vitriol. I'm a busy forgetful person, bear with me people, that's all.

The intended audience for this thread isn't here, by definition.
Who attends a thread like this are generally the good guys.
As to whether we need an ignore button:
All things are legitimate [permissible—and we are free to do anything we please], but not all things are helpful (expedient, profitable, and wholesome). All things are legitimate, but not all things are constructive [to character] and edifying [to spiritual life].

I've been a caber for 3 months and want to say thank you to the volunteer effort that is being given! I am having a GREAT time and have learned so much from the cabe community. Special thanks to the Administrator and Moderators for making this interaction possible.

Hope all have a great day,

Barry

Back