When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When even bikes worked hard

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I often lament about what seems to be a lack of effort at work from people these days. I complain about finding young people willing to work as hard as I did when I was 16 and still do to this day. I know they are out there just a lot less of them as compared to when I was young. I'm posting these 2 bikes of mine which in their lifetimes put in loads of work and are still capable of doing so more then 55 years later. This is my 1965 King Size Heavy Duti which spent it's work life in a factory in western NY and I believe was not ridden outside until I acquired it a few years ago. Next is my 1967 Cycle Truck the last year of production for these work horses. This one was a postal employee for it's working life. Both now reside in a lovely bike retirement community in upstate NY. Lets see some of your retired or not, working bikes. @Krakatoa I know you use your cruiser for errands all the time. No @tripple3 riding and smiling is not work hahahah just kidding I consider daily commuters as working bikes. Lets see them

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

At 59 years old now, i'm with the "Youngsters", Work Sucks! So i ride a bike to-and-from the shop, 8 miles each way.
1940 Western Flyer, WWII LABL, when only the "Workers" could get a Bicycle.
There are a couple others, that go to work with me.
img_9132-jpg.jpg
img_8131-jpg.jpg
img_5461-jpg.jpg

I have spent more hours saddle-time in 1 day, than any day "Working"; FOR FUN!!!

okay, while it isn't as old as the previous bikes, this youngster worked hard in it's youth.

I got it in a trade for an old Firestone Pilot that I had a few years ago. I needed a sturdy bike from my oldest grandson.

This had been a shop bike in it's first life, saddled down with heavy baskets front and rear, spending it's youth toiling under heavy loads and abuse.

Due to the vague history of Summit bicycles, like almost impossible to find anything about them, who knows how old it is, only that the shop had it since the early 2000's. It rides really smoothly, on it's mismatched rims. Sadly it has been designated to a spot on a hook in the barn as the kid now has a car and doesn't ride the bike anymore.

1684846576836.jpeg

1684846599443.jpeg

1684846614481.jpeg

The best thing about it, he could leave it in front of a store and no one would steal it, as it's unattractive to most. (however if he lived in the city, I am sure it would have been taken).

He did put a ton of miles on it before cars and girls caught his eye.

1684846721147.jpeg

I often lament about what seems to be a lack of effort at work from people these days. I complain about finding young people willing to work as hard as I did when I was 16 and still do to this day. I know they are out there just a lot less of them as compared to when I was young. I'm posting these 2 bikes of mine which in their lifetimes put in loads of work and are still capable of doing so more then 55 years later. This is my 1965 King Size Heavy Duti which spent it's work life in a factory in western NY and I believe was not ridden outside until I acquired it a few years ago. Next is my 1967 Cycle Truck the last year of production for these work horses. This one was a postal employee for it's working life. Both now reside in a lovely bike retirement community in upstate NY. Lets see some of your retired or not, working bikes. @Krakatoa I know you use your cruiser for errands all the time. No @tripple3 riding and smiling is not work hahahah just kidding I consider daily commuters as working bikes. Lets see them

View attachment 1842175

View attachment 1842176

View attachment 1842177
I see the caring bike owner. After 55 years, these bikes look really good! You should have seen my son's bike... :) He's not as caring as you are. When I get a chance, I'll take a photo.

Greetings to all bike lovers! :)

Back