When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When was the last year for rear facing dropouts on schwinns

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
J

J.E

When was the last year schwinn had rear facing drop outs.I just bought a schwinn frame off E-bay with rear facing dropouts serial #b40005.According to the serial# chart on here It's a march of 1952 frame.My 1940 Schwinn Majestic has rear facing dropouts and my 1948 hornet and 49 Meteor both have forward facing dropouts.

last year,that i know for a fact,is 1944. schwinn stopped producing all bikes,early-mid 1942,except for the cycletruck,which they built through 1944. no bikes produced in 1945,1946 had the new,improved,forward facing dropouts. keith at cycleplanes"r"us;)

serial number

Your bike should have the serial number under the crank housing - March of 1952 would be on the left rear dropout.

Ok that kind of confirms my thought of it being a pre 48 frame.My plans for this frame is to build a bike from the ground up to put some of my spare Schwinn parts to use.I've got a set of War time wheels with the hubs painted black a sweetheart sprocket and 40's vintage crank and nice set of Hornet fenders.i still need to come up with a fork and a seat.

last year for schwinns

Does anybody know how many Schwinn
frames were produced each year between '33 and '42?

From looking at post war serial #'s
it looks like they were making between
350,000 and 500,000 per year.

Back