When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When were Delta 3 Rib lights first introduced?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Any idea what year? Also wondering if anyone has seen them as original equipment on bikes other than Schwinn? Thanks for the info! Mike

I ask because until recently I've only seen them on Schwinns. I picked up a pretty nice 37 Colson for my girl a year or so ago that came equipped with one. Even stranger is that it's not white, but red. A red that perfectly matches the red pinstriping of the bike's paint scheme.
There was another ladies Colson that was found here a couple years ago. I remember seeing the 'as found' pic and it too had a 3rib. This one was cream and also matched the paint's pinstriping. Unfortunately the light was plucked off before she was sold, so if indeed original once, it is no longer.

20181202_105158_HDR.jpg

20181202_122230_HDR.jpg

20181202_133824.jpg

I ask because until recently I've only seen them on Schwinns. I picked up a pretty nice 37 Colson for my girl a year or so ago that came equipped with one. Even stranger is that it's not white, but red. A red that perfectly matches the red pinstriping of the bike's paint scheme.
There was another ladies Colson that was found here a couple years ago. I remember seeing the 'as found' pic and it too had a 3rib. This one was cream and also matched the paint's pinstriping. Unfortunately the light was plucked off before she was sold, so if indeed original once, it is no longer.

View attachment 913871

View attachment 913862

View attachment 913864

I’m not sure when they came out but they are no where in this book. I’m guessing did not come on these bikes
9f440d50c96a8fab0bc2434222a0e4d4.jpg

The Red thing
6bbb291ee2d67f92ff5e7bd4d9689e12.jpg
check this out my Roll fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm guessing 1940.
The 39 Schwinn DX's had the smooth front loader and the 40/41's had the 3 rib'er.
I couldn't find any definitive timeline, so that's just a guess, but I'm sticking to it. Lol!

I've seen 2 ladies Colsons fitted with 3-ribs. A 37 & a 39. Both look like they've been there since day one. Just seems odd that 2 equally equipped bikes would have the same light. Just a coincidence? The world may never know...

Back