When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you know you've got it bad.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Oilit

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I saw a Norman-built Western Flyer on Facebook and was immediately drawn to it, but being in North Carolina this presented a pretty good trip, too long to do at the drop of a hat. I asked about the bike but it was sold, so that settled that. But then a few weeks later it popped up again, the guy's neighbor bought it but then changed his mind so now it was back up. I messaged him that it would be a few weeks before I could come get it, but I could send him a check, he messaged back and said no problem, he'd hold it and I could pay when I picked it up. So last weekend I drove up to Prince WV (Near Beckley) and took the train to Indianapolis, picked up the bike and came back. Amtrak's Cardinal runs through the New River Gorge, going to Chicago it gets to Prince just at dark (7:00 p.m.) but coming back the sun rises about the time you get to Huntington WV and you're back at Prince around 10:00 a.m. Then I stopped by the Sandstone Falls on the New River on the way back to North Carolina.
I know I'm not the only one, what have you done for a bike?

Waiting for the train in Prince:

20230224_184515.jpg

Here's a couple shots of the Sandstone Falls, the first was from across the river, but then if you go to Hinton you can cross the river and the National Park Service has a board walk out from the other bank.

20230226_121005.jpg

20230226_130312.jpg

20230226_130659.jpg

Last edited:
Back