When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are all the panthers?

-
I think the Panther .......

I think the Panthers are far less common than the Phantoms ... I like them both - but would rather ride the Panther since they are seen less often it seems ... great bikes though ... It seems everyone has a Phantom .....

Are these more rare or less popular?
Far more rare...Panther ballooners only made from 50 thru the 54 year. Phantoms were made from 49 -59. Then if you take a ton of B6's that have been cloned with repro parts in a Phantom they are everywhere. But yes, the short answer is 10 years of production vs 5 years of production.

What phantom said above ^^^. Plus I have the feeling that even in years when both models were available that the Phantom outsold the Panther. The Phantom was advertised more heavily, and I suspect that both kids and parents would tend to want to spend that extra bit of money to get the top of the line bike. Why get the Panther when you could get a Phantom for just a bit more?

That being said, I'm totally waiting for a green / green Panther to fall into my lap.

Cheers, Geoff

schwinn pholks will know the model number and years

but there was a painted version like b-6 was to phantom
I saw one called "deluxe hornet" like a panther in all respects but paint instead of chrome..

I can't find it any more but, last year on the net, I ran across a photo of an ad that was a Schwinn made repop, 1995 100th phantom framed, 1952-4 Panther paint scheme, made in 96 or 7, it was one sweet looking ride. Think it was green and black.

Last edited:
That being said, I'm totally waiting for a green / green Panther to fall into my lap.

I agree the green/green is an awesome color combo!

Blue 54' Schwinn Panther

I don't have a full shot, but I have a shot of the frame and tank put together. Still need to add the OG fenders and skip tooth just haven't found time to take her down to the basement and attach the parts! I've been riding her daily!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have the green on green girls 51 Panther....

032bde76b6ba4e3904c6c0a656d54cee-1.jpg

And this orange on red 51 that I still have for sale.....sorry I couldn't resist the plug.

e4dc3e4d5c420ec42b858e2d4e11ee1c-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Last edited:
Back