When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I find an Iver Dauntless 64 seat?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
G

gchamber

I need a seat/saddle for my ~1935 Iver Johnson Dropbar Roadster. It came original with a big double spring Triumph or Resolute seat, but was also available with the "Dauntless 64" seat which was offered on their racer and I believe would be a little more streamlined like a Brooks. Anyone have any idea where I might find one of those or something like it?(original or repro) Also looking for an Iver "Utah" style racer handlebar. Thanks.

I've been looking for a drop bar for my 41 IJ for three years and haven't found one. They are pretty scarce. You may want to try the Wheelmen site, post something on their forum.

Then again I found an NOS Iver Johnson seatpost on Ebay a couple of years ago for $25. so you never know. Good luck.

Thanks. I suppose I can live with any make of handlebar. What did you get for wheels and tires?
Didn't you buy a modern set that looked nice or something?

I used a set of Velocity Blunt 29er(700c)rims and had them powdercoated red then mounted some 700c x 28mm Michelin Dynamics. They're all black and look more like a 32mm, I tried the 32mm but they looked like 37s. I mounted the rims to a rechromed New Departure Mod. D in rear and a Mod. W in front.

I'm using a current production Soma Major Taylor handlebar. They're chromed steel and have a nice traditional look.

I've got an older Brooks B15 on it which was an option according to my 41 catalog.

I have that seat and it still sits in my parts pile. I ahd planned on using it on a Speedway Special camel back frame repli-racer. Let me know if you are interested.

PSeat1-1.jpg

PSeat2-1.jpg

PSeat3-1.jpg

PSeat4-1.jpg

PSeat5-1.jpg

Joe

Last edited:
Back